I~AS Adaptive Fitness and Conditioning exists to support persons of ALL ages and abilities by providing quality adaptive instruction and coaching.
Preparation for sports, requires the adaptive athlete to train and prepare their mind and body so they will be ready for the mental and physical demands associated with recreational and competitive sports. Adaptive fitness instruction and conditioning will help you take your skills to the next level and beyond.
Making it a priority to regularly participate in activities and behaviors that improve our health is important. A well rounded fitness program should address the development of muscular strength, power, muscular endurance, flexibility and range of motion, agility, static and dynamic balance, cardiovascular development, and nutrition.
Our staff will meet with you to assess your baseline fitness, nutrition, as well as other relevant health and safety considerations. We will then work together to develop a training plan taking into account sport specific goals and objectives you would like to accomplish. Learning positive ways to balance the demands you face in your busy schedule can be challenging. We want to help you make decisions that become positive habits, daily rituals and routines. You will then finally experience the benefits of positive lifestyle changes.
– the ability to move or remain in a position without losing control or falling.
– the maximal force you can apply against a load.
– is proportional to the speed at which you can apply maximal force.
– the ability to continue with an activity over a long period of time.
– the ability to move quickly and easily.
– strength of your core muscles (abdominal muscles, back muscles, and muscles around the pelvis).
– the maximum amount of oxygen consumed by the body during intense exercises in a given time frame. It is a function of both cardiorespiratory performance and oxygen O2 utilization.
Flexibility and Range of Motion (ROM)
– the quality of bending easily; pliable, limber, the ability to move a joint or group of joints – stretching and lengthening the muscles.
– the process of providing or obtaining the food and nutrients necessary for nourishment, health and growth.
Share this Page