Welcome to Team TA
Now, more than ever, individuals all across the country are looking for ways to give back while doing things they love. Whether you want to run a race for our cause, play in a charity golf tournament, host wine or beer tasting, or plan a special fundraiser at your school, civic organization, or business, when you do so for Team TA, you can make a difference for the adaptive athletes who participate in our adaptive sports and adaptive outdoor adventures programs and therapeutic events.
The more people who adopt our cause and who join Team TA the greater our impact will be “Enriching Lives – Because Smiles Matter”. Starting your fundraiser is easy with Team TA, and we are here to help make your event a success.
Tips and Tricks
To have success and make the most out of your fundraiser, we want to share a few tips and tricks:
- Make it fun! – Choose an activity or event you like to do.
- Know your limits – Your fundraising goals should be realistic. Please remember,
NO fundraiser is too small and every dollar counts.
- TA Ambassadors – promote our cause – As part of Team TA, you are in a unique position to inform people about the important work of the Therapeutic Adventures, to promote our cause, and to have a good time along the way.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help – Whether it’s asking a local business to donate space for your event, asking your friends to volunteer, or recruiting event sponsors, make sure you ask for help along the way.
We are grateful for those of you who have embraced our cause and who wish to become an important member of Team TA. When we embolden you to share your passions and talents – the options are endless. Here are a few ideas to help you create your own fundraiser and get you started:
- With so many runners participating in a number of races throughout the year (5k, 10K, 1/2M, Marathon, or Ultra), recruit your running buddies to join Team TA. We will help you to have a Team TA fundraising page. Have a running club at school or work? Sign up for a local race and fundraise with your friends, fraternity brothers/ sorority sisters, and colleagues.
- Plan a local golf outing with proceeds for Team TA, sponsor a hole at a golf tournament for Team TA
- Host a wine tasting at a local vineyard or beer tasting at a local micro-brewery
- Plan a group hike for Team TA
- Plan a group bike race for Team TA
- Plan a sports tournament or sporting event to benefit Team TA
- Organize a school fundraiser recruiting students to raise funds for a peer adaptive athlete.
Networking & Making Connections
First things first, reach out to recruit friends, family and colleagues when planning your fundraiser. When you get them involved and build a network of support, the community will soon follow. The best and most successful fund raising occurs when a team of people share in planning, execution and other logistics associated with carrying out the event. Having the right people around to support you and Team TA will help your event be successful.
Get Started Today
The first step is to create your personal fundraising page. This will let people know about your event and make it easy to share information and updates across your community of support.
There are many fun features to explore on your Team TA fundraising page including:
- It is important to personalize your page with photos, videos, and a story around your event. For optimal impact, keep it short and sweet.
- Send emails to all of your contacts using Team TA templates to help get the word out. We encourage you to add your own personal flair and message to the template.
- Social media is key. Share event details and updates directly from your personal Team TA fundraising page page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Pinterest. It is important to celebrate successes and to share fundraising milestones, with a tweet, a post or identifying hashtags and keep up the momentum.
- Track progress of your Team TA teammates (if applicable) and easily spot new donations from generous supporters.
Contact us at TeamTA@TAonline.org We will do all we can to support you an ensure your fundraiser is a success!